Sunday, December 1, 2013

Rev 3 Cedar Point

My 2014 race schedule is coming along. I've already signed up for Rev3 Cedar Point Full Distance. The race date is Sept 7th. A few of my training friends have signed up too. Elizabeth Eaken & Ryan Knutson are doing the full & Nathan Otte is doing the half. Rumor is RaeAnn Mellencamp is also doing the full but not sure she has signed up.

Also looking at doing the Hoosier Half Marathon in April, Seymour Half Marathon in May, & either Rev 3 Wisconsin Dells Half in June or a half distance Tri in Kentucky in July.

Next step was getting a coach. As of December 2nd, I will be coached by Dream Big Triathlon Coaching out of Bloomington Indiana. I'm excited to start working with Brant. I meant Brant at a Tri a couple of years ago. He is a good competitor & has always stopped to talk to me whenever he sees me. Check out his website at www.dreambigtriathloncoaching.com. 

My goals for the winter months is to cut body fat. I've let it go a little this past year. My endurance is there, but need to get that speed back that I had in 2012. One way I do that is through the app MyFitnessPal. I lost over 30 lbs in a year by counting my calories & knowing exactly what I was eating.

As for my fitness tracking, I add all my workouts to my calendar so I know how to plan my week. The I use my Garmin 910XT & download all my data to connect.garmin.com. Feel free to to take a look at my data on there.

2014 looks to be an exciting year of racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment