Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day update

I really needed to do a marathon update but its been over two months since that race. So I will just update everything I've done & am doing since then.

I really loved the marathon in DC, easy to get to everything by the Metro. I will be doing this event again! I PR'ed the race by about 25 minutes with a 3:53:40. I was hoping for a little faster but I'll take my first marathon under 4 hours!

After a couple of easy weeks, next up was the Seymour Mini Marathon on May 4th. Another PR by 4 minutes with a 1:38:40. Now I will say the course was a little short but I guess I can't complain since I was the one who designed the route!

The next day was the B2 Bike Time Trial, a 20K all out effort. But....it was rainy, cold, & windy. Still went out with Liz & pre-ride the course plus a little more. We both thought it was the hilly course, which has uphills, downhills, & turns. And after riding the course, I thought it was too dangerous to race. I packed it in & took a nice hot shower.

Next up on my schedule was Camp Pyoca Sprint Triathlon. I was ready for the Tri season to started. Then I got the call, the call from Camp Pyoca stating that there was not enough pre registered to have the event. Cancelled, now what. Well I found a Duathlon on the same day in Shelbyville. Good enough for me, and cheap. It was a 2 mile run, then a 16 mile bike, finished off by another 2 mile run. I finished 11th overall with a time of 1:16:30, but that was only good for 5th in my age group. No hardware! Still need to work on speed in the run. I thought my bike was slow also but after checking out the results, I had the 6th best bike if the day.

Last week I started a running clinic put on by Danny Fisher in Columbus. This clinic is aimed at helping runners for the upcoming Mill Race Marathon in September, which I have on my schedule. Last week we did a track workout & I had my fastest mile (6:10) & half mile (3:00) since high school. Tonight we did mile repeats & he had me do them faster than I would have thought I could have!

The schedule for the rest of the summer/fall for me is/
Red White & Blue Festival 5K on June 15th.
Muncie Ironman 70.3 on July 13th
Buckhead Border Triathlon on July 21st
Columbus Triathlon on August 10th
Columbus Mill Race Marathon on September 28th

So it looks like I'll be dining a lot run training for the next couple of months!

Somedays I swim
Somedays I bike
Somedays I run
Everyday I Tri!

No comments:

Post a Comment